Monday, August 19, 2013

Earn What You're Really Worth - Brian Tracy


Back to my usual meat.

As you can tell I chose this book because of the vibrant cover...  Really I went to the library because I had finished The Brother's Karamazov and didn't want to read another free book.  I just grabbed the first business-ie book I could find because I didn't have much time.

My expectations were that this would be bland and it didn't/did disappoint.  It wasn't that bad really.

The book is all about getting a good job and getting promoted faster than other people.  I couldn't tell if it was too general or too specific.  It would give advice on how to get promoted quicker such as 'work harder than everyone else around you' or 'don't take lunch breaks' or 'dress nice.'
 
Ummm... thank... you..?...

Then he would have practical things to do at the end of each chapter that were meant for people in a specific type of business, most of which I couldn't do.  I'm sure his profound advice to me would be - get a different job.  

Usually the things that brighten these books up are the stories.  There was nary an ounce of inspiration between them (I wonder if that's how you use that word).


This was the opposite of '4-hour work week'.  A slow paced get-rich-slow book.  I'm sure there were some useful things in there but the only thing I really learnt was, do judge a book by it's cover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment